Vertigo 2 F5J Light, Neon Orange/Carbon
The GCM Vertigo 2 is an evolution of the original design. The goals of designing the new model were to increase penetration, increase stability in thermal turns and to make the model more transportable. These goals have largely been achieved. The model features a four piece wing design and six wing servos. There is a slight polyhedral break on the tip panels. The new six servo wing allows for extreme fine tuning of camber settings and aileron throws. As well the middle ailerons can be brought down as flaps for very slow and precise landing approaches.
The general layout of the nose pod and boom are similar to the original model. The rear center panel screws secure the boom to the nose and insure precise alignment. Multiplex plugs are used in each center panel half and are "plug and play". A similar "dual tray" arrangement is used in the nose as the previous model. A battery tray and receiver tray are provided. The receiver is mounted up and away from the ballast and the ballast stick is mounted to the battery tray. The ballast stick is adjustable to tune your CG with ballast.
The all new tails feature new airfoils for better penetration and are secured to the boom with just a single screw, simplifying the assembly process. All the flying surfaces are solid core rohacell parts. Post cured in aluminum molds for many hours, this process insures a lasting surface finish and stiffer parts.
All wing servo bays are completely "boxed" in with carbon. The bays are molded into the parts. The model is supplied with G10 horns and stainless steal linkage for the wing surfaces. IDS can be installed by the customer if they wish, however this will increase the overall weight of the model.
Due to the increase in complexity of the wing and the addition of a central main joiner flying weights are slightly increased over the previous model. Light models can be expected to fly at 42-44oz, with strong models at 48-50oz.
- Solid core wing tip panels, center panel. rudder, and elevator. Carbon/Rohacell
- Bladder/Pressure molded 2 piece fuse.
- Extreme post cure temperature and duration on all parts insure surfaces remain smooth and glossy even with prolonged exposure to heat and direct sunlight.
- Highest quality surface finish of any model.
- Low production quantity means a greater level of attention to detail.
- Extremely durable and accurate CNC aluminum molds. All parts come from CNC aluminum molds that are second to none in quality and finish.
- Unique 2 piece fuselage. Boom is retained by rear wing bolts.
- Quick connect Elevator means rapid field assembly.
- Elevator and Rudder servos mount horizontal on "pad" in boom using servo frames.
- Massive wing joiner dimension are supremely durable and stiff while being very light weight.
- Wiring for center panel.
- Large moving surfaces on wing allow for less overall movement to achieve desired directional and camber changes without huge drag penalties.
- Breaks down into compact package for transport.
- Extensive hardware pack.
- Multiplex connectors.
- Aileron/Flap/Rudder control horns and linkage.
- Carbon pushrods in fuse.
- Wing and tail bags.
- Adjustable Ballast stick ( you must attach your own ballast)
- Fantastic penetration even at low flying weights.
- Turns very tightly and predictably in thermals.
- Very mild stall characteristics.
- Wing responds very well to camber changes.
- Wing span: TBD
- Wing area: TBD
- Horizontal stab area: TBD
- Total area: TBD
- Vertical stab area: TBD
- Wing aspect ratio: TBD
- AUW Light Model: 1200grams-1300grams
- AUW Strong Model: 1500grams-1600grams
- 70-80 gram motor (light)
- 90-120 gram motor (strong)
- 35-40 amp esc (light)
- 45-60 amp esc (strong)
- KST-X08H/BMS-115/MKS-6110 for elevator, flap (light)
- KST-X08/X08 plus for rudder, aileron (outer and inner), (light)
- KST-X10mini/MKS-6130 flap (strong)
- BMS-115/MKS-6110 for elevator, rudder (strong)
- BMS-115/MKS-6110 for ailerons (strong)
- 3S 800-900mah flight pack
- 3S 1100-1200mah flight pack to move CG forward in moderate wind
- 30-32mm spinner
- CG at sea level 107-112mm from LE
- CG above 900m sea level 103-108 from LE
- Cruise Camber dead air 2mm (down)
- Cruise Camber active air 0 (in section)
- Speed 2mm reflex (up)
- Thermal-1 2mm camber (down)
- Thermal-2 4mm camber (down)
- Thermal camber max 9mm camber (down)
- Camber above 900m seal level, cut aileron camber to half that of flap camber in all modes
- Max aileron throws (limits) +- 15mm
- Max flap throws +8mm -max down (80-85degree down travel)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.